Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly...

What a spring tour it has been. So many things to be thankful for. We've seen the Lord working in so many lives. People are so generous with their time and money.

THE GOOD: Last week we were in a small church in the hills of Pennsylvania. Two churches joined together for a week of meetings. It was neat to see these two churches work together. The people there have very big hearts and love the Lord very much. During our week of meetings, Ben's family (BIL) got sick with the flu. It was rough for a few days. Thankfully it passed quickly and my family didn't get it!
At the end of the week we saw God work in an amazing way. Our love offering was WAY above expected. But hey, God does that, doesn't he? We are truly thankful for the two little churches tucked away in the hill of Pennsylvania. They have been such a blessing!

THE BAD: On Saturday we traveled 9+ hours to get to our next destination: Chesapeake, VA. I've been looking forward to this week. The beach, site seeing, warm weather, city life....Because of the sicknesses from last week, the pastor shortened our week of meetings for this week. Which is a HUGE blessing because we've been going non stop for the past 4 weeks and 4 more to go! I've been wanting to do some site seeing but have been too busy. So maybe this is the week to do that! Anyways...the bad part. Traveling all day, hot muggy weather...Joe was kinda irritable all day. He just wasn't feeling up to par. When we got to the church in VA, I noticed that our slide was not working when I was setting up the house. Our main slide out (kitchen/living room) is broken and something is wrong with the gears. We were able to push it out from the inside and it's livable now. We're praying that someone will be able to come look at it on Monday. (and pray that it's not too costly as well.)

THE UGLY: Joe was still not feeling so good. I thought maybe he was tired...stressed out from traveling and then having to deal with the trailer issue. I was feeling fine, more awake than usual for a Saturday night after a long travel. Around 11pm Joe rushed to the bathroom...After he lost his lunch from earlier that day, he said he was feeling better. hopefully I don't get it. I decided that it would be best for me to sleep out on the couch instead of my own bed near my sickly husband. Through out the night he was in and out of the bathroom. Around 4am (I probably had only 2-3 hours of sleep by then) Joe was on the floor in pain. Numbness, pain in his stomach, sweating...I'm thinking he's dehydrated. To make a long story short, Joe was sent to the hospital, I didn't go...(Lincoln slept through the whole ordeal...except to eat at 3am...which he's NOT supposed to, but I gave in.) Ben followed the ambulance and kept me posted. I've been sitting here since 4:30am trying to get some rest. Ben just called. The ugliness: Joe either has the flu or food poisoning. They haven't ruled which one yet. Also dehydration, and some kind of panic attack. Ben said he's doing better. He's sore and ache. I wish I could be there for him.

That's my story of our weekend. It's been so hard to update while we're traveling. God has blessed us in so many ways. I'm thankful for all the prayers and ask you to pray for my husband right now. It's hard to see the person who usually is the strong one, crumble apart and need you to be strong. I'm not very good at being the strong one.

I wish I had a happy ending to this. I'm very tired and Lincoln is ready to be up for the day. As I wrap this up, Ben just called and the doctors ruled it food poisoning which caused him to be dehydrated. Pray for Joe's strength and health. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. What great opportunities to become more like Christ!! Love you & praying for you...crying some too. ;)


Share this