I'm taking part in the #21Days4Sons over at The MOB Society where we are reading Warrior Prayers for the first 21 days of May.
So far we are in day 2 and I'm really enjoying the challenges, the book, and praying the scripture for my sons.
Today's topic is on Obedience. I was challenged by how important it is for me, as the mother, to teach my son(s) Biblical obedience. I'm the type of person that likes a visual aid, and I love the example that the author gave us on how the teaching of obedience lies a great opportunity in sharing the Gospel message with my son. She used it like this:
“Son, you’re right. You didn’t obey mommy. God says you must obey mommy and daddy, doesn’t He? It’s hard to obey, isn’t it? Everything in you wants your own way! It’s fun to hit your brother sometimes. It’s fun to be too loud and sometimes, it makes you feel good about yourself to tell mommy no. But God, Who made you, says you must obey. You can’t do it by yourself, can you? No matter how hard you try to be good and obey mommy, you just can’t get it right all the time. That’s why we love God so much, Son! He knew you couldn’t do it by yourself! He knew you would choose to sin instead of obey! He knew you would need help! So He sent His only Son Jesus to die for your sins and take the punishment you deserved. Then God raised Jesus from the dead and now Jesus is with God in heaven, just waiting for you to confess your sin and ask Him to help you fight the sin in your heart! Isn’t that great news? We need Jesus! Let’s pray now and ask Jesus to help you!”(McGlothlin, Brooke (2011-05-02). Warrior Prayers: Praying the Word for Boys in the Areas They Need it Most (Kindle Locations 318-325). . Kindle Edition.)
I'm seeing that I really need to take these opportunities when they come about and teach my son how important it is to obey. I sometimes tend to be a "fly by the seat of my pants" parent mostly because I'm too lazy to get to the heart of the issue. My prayer for myself is that I will have a plan and a renewed vision on the importance of teaching obedience to my son.
"If our boys never learn the importance of obeying and see their inability to obey by themselves, how will they ever recognize their need for a Savior?"
WOW!! I hope and pray that I will set an example of obedience for my son(s)! Today was revealing and I'm looking forward to see what else is ahead in the #21Days4Sons.
Today's Warrior Prayers through the Scripture:
Warrior Prayers for OBEDIENCE
- Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, may Lincoln obey the Lord our God so that it will go well with him (Jeremiah 42:6).
- May Lincoln obey his parents in the Lord, for this is right (Ephesians 6:1)
- May Lincoln obey his leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over his soul, as those who will have to give an account. Let Lincoln do this with joy and not with groaning (Hebrews 13:17).
- May Lincoln obey God rather than men (Acts 5:29).
- May Lincoln return to the Lord his God, and obey with all his heart and all his soul all the commands God has given (Deuteronomy 30:2).
- May Lincoln walk after the Lord his God and fear Him and keep His commandments and obey His voice. May Lincoln serve Him and hold fast to Him (Deuteronomy 13:4).
- May Lincoln stop his sinning and begin to obey the Lord his God (Jeremiah 26:13).
- May Lincoln obey Jesus’ commandments, and remain in His love (John 15:10).
- May Lincoln show his love for Christ by obeying His commands (John 14:15).
- May we be full of joy at Lincoln’s obedience (Romans 16:19).
Warrior Prayers for SUBMISSION TO AUTHORITY
- May Lincoln obey his leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over his soul, as those who will have to give an account. Let him do this with joy and not with groaning (Hebrews 13:17).
- May Lincoln submit himself therefore to God. May he resist the devil, so he will flee from him (James 4:7).
- May Lincoln submit to laborers of the Gospel and to everyone who joins in the work (1 Corinthians 16:16).
- May Lincoln submit to others out of reverence for Christ (Ephesians 5:21).
- May Lincoln be subject to the Father of spirits and live (Hebrews 12:9).
- May Lincoln agree with God, and be at peace; so good will come to him (Job 22:21).
- May Lincoln be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God (Romans 13:1).
- May Lincoln submit himself to the Lord (2 Chronicles 30:8).
- May Lincoln, who is younger, be subject to the elders. May he clothe himself with humility toward others, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble” (1 Peter 5:5).
- For freedom Christ has set us free; may Lincoln stand firm therefore, and not submit again to a yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1).
If you're interested in joining in and would like to pray along with us for our sons, grandsons, and/or future sons (like sons in-law), go to The MOB Society for more information! I won't be posting everyday, but I do usually tweet some thoughts through out the day on the topic that's given, if you'd like to follow along: follow @bethanyev
Linked up at: