Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Peace of God that passeth all understanding...

I thought that I would try to give a quick update on what's been going on. Joe and I left the last week of July to visit family. We had a wonderful time at my parents house. We parked our "house" right in the front yard for the week. Joe's parents were able to come and visit Wednesday to hear Joe teach the evening service. I was also able to see some friends when I went to bring my brother up to Northland for camp.
August 2nd we attended Jordan and Abi's wedding while we stayed at Pastor Steinmetz's church. (Our second family) It was a nice and relaxing weekend for both of us before we took the long drive to Southside, Alabama.
Two days into the trip, we were having some car issues that made us stop on the Kennedy/Tennessee border. (Clarksville, Tenn.) The Lord saw it fit for us to be there for two nights. Our truck ended up getting transmission work done. (which is never cheap) So we were delayed for a couple days. Wednesday afternoon we finally got to Riverview Baptist Church, where Bible Revival's recording studio is. (www.rvbcsouthside.com)
The truck still has some issues. (tranny works fine, something else in the back end that caused the speed sensor to go and a few bearings is in need of repair.) Praise the Lord that Amanda has some relatives here that know their auto stuff real well and are willing to work on the truck free of charge. We only have to pay for parts.
The Lord has been good. There has been ups and downs through out it all, but we are getting a lot of work done in the recording studio. We will be here for two more weeks and then head back up for Michigan for our first week of meetings.
I wish I could get pictures for you all to see. Amanda's family here is really interesting and funny! They live up in the hills and enjoy life! :) Despite not having our truck while it's being worked on, not having any money, having the microwave blown, (another story, another time) I know that I can have peace through it all. (Phil 4:7) Please remember to keep us in your prayers. Right now it's been very easy for us to get discouraged as we don't know how things are going to work out with such little finances. Little things seem to get us down when we feel that we've been working so hard. It's been two steps forward one step back kind of feeling. I need to constantly remind myself that God knows best and that things will work in His perfect timing.
Well, I need to go now. We have some more work to finish up in the studio. (recording) I never know when I will get the internet, so hopefully we will have a good truck and uplifted spirits next time I update!
oh, baby is doing well. My last check up before we left in July was good. Can't believe how fast it's gone by. 88 days left. wow. We are going with Lincoln Joseph Everson. (lately I've been thinking of a girls name...and I like Layla. Don't know why. It's just a girls name that popped into my head) Anyways...Good bye for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share this