Monday, March 12, 2012

Preschool with Lincoln - Noah's Ark!

I've been kind of behind with Lincoln's preschool. We're only on week five of the curriculum, and we skipped review week... Sad, I know. But the weather's been beautiful, and with dr. appointments, playdates and stuff....we've been slowing taking out time. Hopefully this week will run smoother, but I'm not counting on it. It's supposed to be in the mid 70's - low 80's this week and I plan on using that to our advantage!!!!

Anyways....

Here's how our week is beginning to look like. We are on the story of Noah's Ark. We're looking forward to making rainbows later on this week! (link to the curriculum I use)


The Letter of the week is B. So we made 'b' things and made them blue.

A 'B' butterfly that has blue glitter! Glitter's always fun!

I took these in between break/lunch time and he had a treat of watching Blue's Clues, so he wasn't too interested in showing off his crafts at that moment!!!

He made Blue and got to watch with her!

This week our memory verse is: John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command."

We also worked on cutting with scissors, and our new number of the week is the number 3. I hope to post more later on in the week. Monday's are always hard to jump into. At least he slept in this morning instead of waking up before the sun like last week! (Thank you daylight savings time change!!!)

Recent updates on Lincoln's life: It seems every week there's something new that he's doing that makes me just stare at him and wonder where my baby boy went?! Like just the other day, I swear, he aged 4 whole years in front of me. He no longer had the baby boy image...He was a BOY.

Here's how it went down: He decided to use the big potty. (which happens on occasion, not that unusual.) But this time he was on a mission... He pulled his step stool UP to the BIG toilet and PEED STANDING UP!!!....Sorry...but maybe you moms out there with boys will understand what I'm going through right now...But this is BIG. I don't know what it is, but it's a big deal for me!!! *ok, I'll stop now....sorry*

Lincoln will come up with these hilarious phrases that I wish I had them recorded when he says them! I wanna try to record some of his story telling, but usually he just stops the story and ends up more interested in my camera....So...anyways. The other day he went potty in his pants. So while we were in the bathroom, he was kneeling on the floor for some reason, I was telling him how he wasn't supposed to be going potty in his pants and to get up and get into the bathtub. He then puts his hands together in a prayer like manner and says, "Yes, Master." I didn't laugh or do anything. All I said was, "no...I'm your mom, not your master." Not till after his bath when I told daddy the story, then did I start laughing about it!

Another funny thing, well, funny to me....(and cute) is hearing him hum. Only just recently has he started humming. His favorite song to hum is "I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, down in my heart" and it makes my heart full of Joy to hear him! :)

Our house has accumulated tons of papers with drawings of stick men. I don't want to get rid of them because this is very new of him to do.


He loves craft time, always asks if we're going to be doing school, doesn't like nap time anymore, is ALWAYS jumping on my bed, a recent breakfast skipper like me, wanting to do EVERYTHING by himself, a mommy's boy, and a helper. I love this little guy! :)

Linking up over at:

2 comments:

Share this